More ideas :
Associated vocabulary : Sustainable development, renewable/non-renewable resources, strong/weak sustainability, new tchnology, types of caital
- COP 21 => limit the increase in temperatures though a worldwide agreement
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPEMENT : stands for meeting the needs of present generations without jeopardizing the ability of futures generations to meet their own needs + the three dimension : economy, environmental, social (to preserve equity). That's why rich countries have to help poor one's to avoid a reduction of their own level of production and consumption.
- Weak/strong sustainability :
- Ecological footprint = the area of wilderness needed to assimilate human waste
- disucss the notion of no-renewable ressources = does not renew itself at a sufficient rate for sustainable economic extraction in meaningful human time-frames. An example is carbon-based, organically-derived fuel
- discuss the role of technical progress. According to the trust for technical progress we won't have the same conception of the sustainable development, strong or weak. Strong conception = technical progress is not the magic solution, Weak conception = we can trust the technical progress.
- discuss role of economic alternatives => simple living, degrowth
- Is economic growth, an option to escape from scarcity, compatible with the defense of environment ?